Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Burnt Dinner and Two Crying Kids



Post by Shannon

The truth is some days you can't have it all together as a parent. You can try to have your house perfectly clean, to make a gourmet meal for every meal, have your kids in cute matching outfits with bows, etc., but the truth is sometimes things just fall apart.

Yep this was our day last Friday...

I had two crying little girls at my house who were sick. The only thing keeping me going was knowing that we would be eating a delicious homemade (even the crust) chicken pot pie that night for dinner.

For the record, chicken pot pie is one of my favorite foods, probably one of my all time favorites.

I made this pot pie a few weeks ago and froze it. So I was excited to pull it out of the freezer, bake it, and have a delicious homemade meal after a very long day.

Well, this didn't happen. It turns out the crying did not stop all day, and I forgot about the pot pie in the oven.

Yep, it burned. Not just a little either.

It was the worst. My house was a mess, my kids were crying, and now our dinner was burned.

I felt bad when Patrick came home. Luckily, he is the sweet husband that he is. He took one look at the situation, gave me a big hug and said he'd take over while I had a little break.

Ahh! The joys of parenthood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment