Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Parents Need Dreams too


Post by Shannon

The truth is parents need dreams too.

It is easy to feel overwhelmed and almost like you are drowning in diapers, wipes, messes, crying, etc. It would be much simpler to sit on the couch, let the mess continue to grow and watch TV. 

All. Day. Long...

But...

That's not the best way to be a parent! At least I wouldn't be happy that way!

I think parents should have dreams too. I think parents should be able to have something that is theirs and time for themselves to make it happen.

My dream is to run a half marathon after every baby is born. In 2010 I ran the Provo City Half marathon. I was proud of myself for running the whole time without stopping! This time I plan to run the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Washington D.C. with my little sis, Kelli. I can't wait!

Patrick's dream is to get an MBA. He's had this dream since he was 17, and hopes to begin to pursue this degree in the fall of this year. 

Dreams make us alive. They make us better spouses, better parents and better people. I always want to have a new dream throughout my life.

What are your dreams / goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment